An optimal warm-up to increase the weight that you lift during your working set(s) would be as follows:
Let’s use the barbell bench press as an example with a goal working set weight of 225 lbs.
5 minute warm-up on the cardio equipment of your choice.
Dynamic warm-up exercises to warm-up the shoulders, chest and triceps.
1st set-5 reps-45 lbs.
2nd set-3 reps-95 lbs.
3rd set-1 rep-135 lbs.
4th set-1 rep-185 lbs.
Working set (4-6 or 6-8) reps with 225lbs.
I guarantee that the weight that you normally use on your working set will be increased by 5-10% with this method.
Please let me know how this warm-up works for you.
HIIT-20 Minute Program
HIIT is one of the most effective ways of completing cardiovascular exercise if your goal is weight loss and improved aerobic conditioning.
An example of an excellent HIIT cardio session that you could try if you have 20 minutes is listed below. All that you need is a Stationery Bicycle.
- Complete a 5 minute warm-up at level 1 on a Stationery Bicycle
- At the 4:45 mark of your warm-up, increase your RPM to as high a level as you can for 15 seconds
- Change the level on the bike from 1 to a level that you would not normally be able to complete. (e.g. Level 15)
- Pedal as hard as you can at level 15 for 10- 15 seconds.
- Drop the level back down to level 1 and complete a cool-down period for 2 to 2 and a half minutes.
- With 15 seconds remaining in your cool-down, increase your RPM to as high a level as you can for 15 seconds.
- Repeat Step 4.
- Repeat Step 5.
- Complete the cycle, 2 more times for a total of 60 seconds of intense cycling at level 15.
- Cool-down for 5 minutes at Level 1.
- Enjoy the Quad Pump and calorie burn!